The meme has been going around, and here’s my take — click to embiggen :)
Make your band’s album cover meme:
- Go to Wikipedie’s special random page. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
- Go to Quotations Page’s random quotations page. The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.
- Go to Flickr’s explore the last seven days page. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
- Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.
- Post it to FB with this text in the “caption” or “comment” and TAG the friends you want to join in.
Definitely one of the most interesting acts of vandalism I’ve seen in a while…
I was looking at the Google Zeitgeist, and Malaysia produced some fairly standard searches, but one of the results stood out indeed. Here’s a screen capture for posterity:
I really had no reason to write about this, but I find it amusing that amidst all those legitimate, serious searches, we find Kirsten Dunst at position #8… Apparently more than a few people have a liking for her, though with Spiderman 3 on the horizon and building up a ton of buzz this isn’t unexpected.
You just have to appreciate the irony of this paragraph in the CakePHP manual:
Now, in order to help you understand this, let’s use a practical example. Imagine, for a moment, a computer system used by a group of adventurers. The leader of the group wants to forge ahead on their quest while maintaining a healthy amount of privacy and security for the other members of the party. The AROs involved are as following:
Indeed, a practical example :P